Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Jerusalem

Well people, I'm here in Jerusalem, home to the three Abrahamic religions. I floated in the Dead Sea yesterday, touched the Wailing Wall today, gazed at the Mount of Olives, met some guys from Chile, crossed three borders in one week, drove across the West Bank, listened to a woman speak Aramaic (what Jesus spoke), saw Jericho, and some other things I'm sure, can't remember right now. I'll be here in Jerusalem for the next two weeks before returning home to Cairo. We're staying in the Arab quarter of East Jerusalem, about a stone's throw from the Dome of the Rock and the Wailing Wall. I feel such a stronger connection with the Palestinians here, as I've obviously been in an Arab context for the last two and a half months, know basic Arabic, etc. The Israeli people seem so foreign and strange to me. We'll see how the next two weeks go. I miss everyone and hope things are going well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sarah thats freaking amazing have i told you that? i love what you're doing but i hate that its not me :( :))

love
pat

Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:48:00 PM  
Blogger Will Krzymowski said...

Hey...

pics or it didn't happen ;)

sorry, thats a bad internet joke.

Talk to people about current politics... i'm interested to hear what young generations are thinking.

Friday, March 30, 2007 4:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home